Federation of Industry and Commerce of North Eastern Region (FINER) conducted an interactive meet with Shri Ravi Capoor, IAS, Principal Secretary, Industries & Commerce, Mines & Minerals & Social Welfare, Government of Assam, on 4th Oct, 2016 at Guwahati.
The programme started with the welcoming & Felicitation of the Dignitaries .
Mr. Pabitra Buragohain, President, FINER addressed the august gathering and lauded Shri Ravi Capoor, for making the department more approachable and responsive for the Industries of the State. Mr Buragohain , on behalf of FINER, also submitted a Memorandum to the Principal Secretary, on the following issues prevalent in the State and requested the Department to take measures to address these issues for the development of Trade & Commerce of the State
- Ease of Doing Business
- Goods & Service Tax - Clarity in policy post GST regime-Our requests / Concerns regarding preservation under the new scheme
- NEIIPP -Immediate restoration of registration under NEIIPP’ 2007 and Extension of NEIIPP policy for the period lost in the process of suspension of policy
- Land issue in the State
- Conducting SLC/DLC at Regular Intervals for EC, SCIS & other state incentives like power subsidy, subsidy on drawl of power line, etc
- Disbursement of SCIS/Power/DOPL & Other State Incentives
- Timely issue of Eligibility Certificate after SLC/DLC
Shri Capoor, appreciated FINER for playing a vital role for the upliftment of Trade and Commerce in the State and the support rendered to the Department of Industries & Commerce all through in the matter. He welcomed inputs, suggestions and concern raised by the FINER and mentioned that the Department is in the process of creating an Investment Cell to address the issues related to the Trade & Commerce of the State. He also mentioned that the Department is also trying to streamline the Land issues prevalent in the State.
The senior official present from the Department of Industries & Commerce, Government of Assam, Ms Shehla Rahman, Secretary, Additional Directors -Ms Manjula Saikia, Mr Prafulla Saikia, and Shri Bipul Das, also mentioned that their doors were always open to the public and assured to extend full support to address the related issues.
An interactive session was also conducted between the distinguished guest and members of trade and commerce which turned out to be successful in the overall session.